Civix Author Tool
The Civix Author Tool is simple-to-use XML authoring software, readily customized to enhance your existing publishing processes. The user-friendly interface is designed for people accustomed to conventional word processing programs. Authors write in XML without even being aware of it. Special features free the user from time-consuming tasks that hamper the creative process. Direct-to-web publication and touch-of-a-button export to print formats ensure a quicker, more efficient publishing program.
The Civix E-Library is a fully searchable research website where you can access all of your current and archived content. Use our powerful search engine to search your entire collection of documents, or restrict searches to selected files or parts of files. Use field searches in XML documents to target specific types of information, such as recent amendments. If your content is in a variety of formats that's okay — the E-Library can accommodate PDFs, HTML and XML documents.
Civix Document Management System
The Civix Document Management System (DMS) doesn't just organize and store documents securely — it allows you to link data and documents in ways that streamline research and workflow. For instance, you can flip to a historical version of a document at the touch of a button. You can view a policy's parent legislation while reading the policy document, and get seamless updates to the parent legislation. Many cross-referencing opportunities are possible with the Civix Document Management system, all within a user-friendly interface.
Who can benefit from the Civix Suite?
- Do you create highly standardized documents such as legislation, by-laws, policy and minutes?
- Do you spend far too much time on document style and format issues?
- Do you feel overwhelmed trying to manage amendments to your print and web content?
Are you frustrated by the search limitations of your web content?
- Do you worry that changes in technology will eventually render your digital document archives unusable?
- Are you looking for a secure way to deliver on open government initiatives?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then consider the Civix Suite: User-Friendly XML Publishing Tools, priced affordably for the Civic Sector.
The value of the Civix Suite
You don't need to be an XML expert to benefit from the Civix Suite. The Civix Suite is XML-based technology that simplifies the publishing process for the non-technical Civic Sector professional. Civix integrates with your current processes so you don't have to re-invent the wheel— just make it a smoother ride. With Civix you can:
- Create consistent, structurally sound documents using labour-saving editing features;
- Standardize and automate document styles and formats so that you can concentrate on content;
- Make amendments to a single document and push those amendments to web and print
- Enhance research and analytics with a new level of XML-based search capabilities;
- Ensure your content is safely archived, auditable and reaching the right audiences.
- Publish your documents in an open data platform.